This is very good. A good Buyer Broker can be worth their weight in gold. We don't just show houses. We do a huge amount of work from contract to close too - very important work for a buyer. Great post. - Kasey
A Buyer in their haste to save money, demanded that I take 3% off the price of the Home, because they would not use a Buyer Broker to purchase a Manchester NH area Home. I do not think they realize that whether they use a buyer Agent, has no affect on the contract between the Seller and the Listing Agent with what or how they are paid to list and sell that home.
First I must say that a GOOD Buyer Broker usually does half the work and therefore gets half the commission. Without another agent involved, The listiing agent even if they do not represent the Buyer, still has to make sure all the requirements on the buyer side are met so that the sale can close. They now have twice the work, not half.
Most important for the Buyer, The Buyer agent does not just find properties, the hard work comes when you actually find the property and decide to make an offer.
A GOOD Buyer broker will assist the Buyer through each step of the Buying pricess that starts with negotiating the BEST purchase price for the buyer. They then assist with the home inspection, the buyers mortgage and the long process of underwriting. Once approval is received, the agent assists with the final walk through and making sure the HUD Settlement statement is correct. They then join you as you close on your dream home.
This Buyer may lose more than they ever uintended on saving by trying to do everything themselves. They may have met a "bad" agent who has soured them, but they should know though that All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST, not just the biggest Real Estate Agent or Broker. By using a philosophy, which is simple, to provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process, I can help you find your dream home .
THE TOP TIPS IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY A HOME?
1. GET Pre-QUALIFIED with a local and Trusted Loan Officer. The biggest factor in buying a home is whether you can get a mortgage, how much they will loan you, how much you will need for a down payment and closing costs and what price range you should be looking at.
2. HIRE A BUYER AGENT: Here in NH a buyer can usually hire a buyer agent at no cost to them. The Buyer Agent gets paid their commission from an amount the listing agent has posted in the MLS. As a buyer you really should have an agent who guides you through EACH step of the Buying process.
HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW TO HIRE A BUYER AGENT?
1. Choose a FULL TIME Agent. You want an agent whose sole job is working in Real Estate. You want to make sure they are available when needed to answer questions or be guiding you through the buying process.
2. Choose a Full Service Agent. Sure discount brokers may charge slightly less but you can get substantially LESS in the service you receive. You want someone guiding you through EACH step, not just the easy one's leaving you on your own through the harder or stressful ones.
3. Choose a LOCAL agent. Too many agents from out of town and even out of state are looking for you to hire them. They may not know your area, your neighborhood, not know your children's schools, where you shop, which church you go to and may not be able to be there on a moments notice when needed.
4. Choose an Experienced Agent. Not every agent is experienced with all types of homes, areas and types of sales. Choose an Agent that is Experienced in SELLING Homes. It is what we do and what we do well.
5. Choose an agent who will ASSIST YOU THROUGH EACH STEP of the Buying process. There is nothing worse than being left to fend for yourself. Your agent should be there through each step, answering your questions, guiding you and giving you peace of mind.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROUGH OUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
If you are thinking of buying a Home please contact us. We offer you assistance to get a free pre-qualification for a mortgage,along with some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE through each step of the Buying Process.
It does not take magic to turn your "For Sale" sign into a "Sold" sign. it takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.
Please call for a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS to know what the value of your home is.
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale which may be able to help you.
We are local agents with experience who GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home..
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. With 28 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area. To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com . We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the Buying process.
If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please subscribe by clicking below
Copyright 2008-2013, All rights reserved
Kasey Boles, Managing Broker
REALTOR®, CRS, ABR, ePRO, SRS, SFR, GRI
John Boles / 208.830.6185 / firstname.lastname@example.org
James Gannon / 208.570.4048 / email@example.com
Kasey Boles / 208.830.6186 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Boise, Idaho Real Estate
Search Like An Agent at BoiseMeridanRealEstate.com
This is not intended as solicitation if you are in contract with another real estate agent.
Equal Housing Opportunity.